Who would ever thought that chocolate brownies could be part of a healthy diet? I certainly did not think I would ever be eating these again when I changed my diet.
The good news is that this recipe for Paleo, Gluten Free Brownies are healthier than your typical brownie and can be enjoyed as a sweet treat because it is made with no refined ingredients and no grains or gluten.
These brownies have a wonderfully moist texture and a deep chocolate flavor. Brownies are often known to be either "fudgy" or "cakey" and I would describe these as a cross between the two. I am certain you and your kids will enjoy this recipe and will be asking for more!
Paleo, Gluten Free Brownies
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the melted butter with eggs, honey, almond butter and vanilla extract.
- Add dry mixture and gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spread the batter into an 8x8-inch pan greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 350°F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Baking time can vary since every oven is different.
- Let brownie cool and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.