This Chocolate Parfait is a deliciously creamy, chocolaty, light and crunchy dessert. Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free.
Guilt-free desserts make me feel so good! They taste good, are made with wholesome, nutrient-rich ingredients, don't give me stomach cramps or other sugar-loaded nauseating feelings and they make my brain and soul happy 🙂
This is a super easy and fast recipe you can make to impress guests or when you simply want a quick and light dessert.
Made with rich 80% dark chocolate, coconut cream, chopped hazelnuts and fresh strawberries. Together these ingredients create a deliciously creamy, chocolaty, light and crunchy dessert 😉
Dark Chocolate Parfait (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-free)
- 1 can (400ml) full fat coconut milk, chilled in the fridge overnight
- 3 oz 80% dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- strawberries, diced
- hazelnuts, chopped
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and melt it in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler). Set aside.
- Open can of coconut milk and scoop the solid cream into a bowl, being careful not to mix with the water in the bottom of the can.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whisl the coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla just until ingredeitns are combined.
- Pour mixture into the bowl with the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate is fully and incorporated into the coconut cream mixture.
- Layer serving glass with chocolate parfait, hazelnuts and strawberries. Start with chocolate on the bottom, followed by hazelnuts and strawberries, followed by more chocolate, hazelnuts and strawberries.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.