I served these individual treats for dessert for some friends recently and the presentation was as exciting as the dessert itself. Everyone loved that fact that they had their own mini pie to enjoy and that it was made with healthy, unprocessed ingredients. It was a light dessert with a smooth consistency that complimented the meal perfectly.
*Gluten free, grain free, low carb, dairy free, egg free, refine sugar free and Paleo*
To make the Mini Chocolate Almond Pie I used a removable bottom mini cheesecake pan.
Mini Chocolate Almond Pie
- Using a food processor chop the almonds.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped almonds with the coconut oil, shredded coconut, honey and almond flour.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the mixture to each individual cavity in cheesecake pan.
- Combine the almond butter, coconut oil, cacao powder, honey, vanilla and salt in a bowl.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan with a small amount water on low heat and stir ingredients until all is melted and fully combined (double boiler). Let chocolate cool for about 30 minutes.
- To make the coconut whipping cream, you need to leave a can (14oz) of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight with the lid open. Remove the can from the fridge and take ½ cup of the coconut cream that forms on the top of the can and place it in a bowl. Whip the coconut with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Gently fold the coconut whipped cream into the chocolate/almond mixture and pour it over the crust.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until set before you remove each mini pie from the pan.
- Garnish with raw cacao powder and chopped almonds before serving.