These Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies are a healthy alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies. They are super soft, moist and flavorful, and are made with ingredients you'd never imaged could be used to make a cookie.
There aren’t too many combinations that can top macadamia nuts and chocolate chips combined together to make soft, chewy homemade cookies.
Simple, whole food ingredients make these cookies easy to make and they are loaded with flavor. This recipe is gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free.
It was first published in the cookbook The Paleo Kitchen, by George Bryant and Juli Bauer. George and Julie asked me to review their cookbook and I was very honored!
It should come as no surprise that my favorite chapter in the book is the desserts chapter. George and Juli have come up with some amazing dessert recipes and when I saw the Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies I knew I had to make it.
These cookies combine two of my favorite foods, macadamia nuts and chocolate and they turned out even better than I imagined! So I wanted to share this recipe with you all and the authors were excited to have me share it here on the blog.
I hope you try making them because they taste amazing and better than a lot of traditional chocolate chip cookies made with all purpose flour and sugar!
The Paleo Kitchen
This book contains over 100 brand new Paleo recipes ranging from simple to make smoothies and snacks to mouth-watering pork, beef and chicken dishes that are sure to be a hit in any household. Check it out on Amazon!
Hit play on the video below so I can show you how to make these delicious, healthy cookies. Enjoy 🙂
🎥 Watch the recipe video
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 (220g) cup macadamia nut butter, homemade or store-bought
- ¼ (60ml) cup raw honey
- ¼ (50g) cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (50g) egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ (90g) cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Homemade Macadamia Nut Butter
- 2 (264g) cups macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the macadamia nut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl and mix well. Add the coconut flour and salt and mix well, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the batter until cold, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to drop balls of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet, 10 cookies per baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly browned. Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack immediately to cool.
Homemade Macadamia Nut Butter
- Place the macadamia nuts in a food processor or high speed blender and puree until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This recipe will keep for up to 1 week.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.