These Chocolate Prune Truffles are super easy and fast to make. They are a delicious healthy treat with no added sugars. Prunes are highly nutritious and are packed with healthy antioxidants. They are known for their unique antioxidant phytonutrient content, they normalizing blood sugar levels and help with weight loss, protect against postmenopausal breast cancer, aids in iron absorption in the body and are also known for their ability to prevent constipation.
I rolled my healthy prune truffles in a smooth chocolate shell and also almond flour. Enjoy!
Easy Chocolate Prune Truffles (Gluten Free, Paleo)
- Place prunes in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until smooth. If your prunes are hard, you may need to soak them for 1-2 hours in water and heat them just a bit until soft.
- In a double boiler melt the cacao paste.
- Add the cacao paste and vanilla extract to the prunes and pulse to combine ingredients.
- Roll the mixture into 1" balls then chill in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- To make the chocolate shell, melt the cacao butter and chocolate chips in a double boiler until smooth.
- Remore truffles from the freezer and dip each one, one at the time in the melted chocolate and place them in a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place truffles in the fridge for just 10 minutes so the chocolate hardens and then store at room temperature.