Yesterday’s post was a very special one to me and to go along with it I made this Vanilla Cupcake topped with Chocolate Banana Frosting. If you haven’t seen yesterday’s post yet, click here and enter to win a $50 Amazon.com gift card. I am giving away this card to show my appreciation to all the loyal people who follow, share and enjoy my blog and to celebrate an amazing six months of rapid success with the site.
This recipe for Vanilla Cupcake With Chocolate Banana Frosting is paleo friendly, dairy free, gluten and grain free and refined sugar free. I filled and topped each cupcake with this amazing chocolate banana frosting and it turned out super delicious! Enjoy.
Paleo Vanilla Cupcake With Chocolate Banana Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Mix together the blanched almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, honey and eggs.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack to cool.
Chocolate Banana Frosting:
- Melt the cacao butter in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler).
- In a food processor, pulse together the melted cacao butter, bananas, raw cacao powder, honey and vanilla extract until creamy and smooth.
- Cut a small hole in the center of each muffin with a knife. Using a piping bag squeeze about 2 teaspoons of frosting into the center of each muffin, then frost the top of the muffins. I used a 16-inch piping bag and the Wilton 1M star tip to frost my cupcakes.
Apple bananas enhances the flavor of these muffins, so make sure to use it if you can find it for sale at your local stores.
Recipe makes 6 cupcakes.