This wil be my last post for the next few days as I will be away from the kitchen working at my full time job away from home. I wish everyone a happy valentine’s day!Here is another wonderful dessert you can surprise your valentine with. This flourless chocolate torte is super easy to make and I made it with my homemade dark chocolate, pastured eggs and grass fed butter. To sweeten it, I used raw coconut palm sugar. This torte is very light and does not have the texture of a typical cake, it is smooth and melts in your mouth.
- 4 oz homemade dark chocolate (you can use high quality dark chocolate instead)
- 7 tbs grass fed butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup raw coconut palm sugar
Double the ingredients on this recipe if you want to make a large torte and bake it on a 9 inch pan.
- melt the homemade chocolate over a double boiler
- add the butter and stir until melted
- in a separate bowl beat the eggs with the coconut sugar until well combined
- slowly add the egg / sugar mixture to the chocolate / butter mixture
- butter your baking pan and coat it with raw cacao powder
- pour the batter into the prepared pan and cover with foil
- place in a larger pan or roasting dish and fill that with hot water so that it goes about ½ way up the cake pan
- preheat the oven at 350°F and bake for about 1 hour
- lift the cake from the water bath and cool completely on a cooling rack