This Raspberry Chocolate Tart is a light and creamy, and just sweet enough. It is dairy-free, grain-free and low in carbs, perfect to enjoy as a dessert, a snack or even for breakfast (like I did).
I made them using a silicon muffin pan. I love baking with these silicon products! They are so easy to use because nothing sticks and there is no need to grease the pan. The crust in this recipe comes right out!
Paleo Raspberry Chocolate Tart
- preheat the oven at 350°F
- grind the pecans in a blender, or food processor
- in a bowl combine the ground pecans, coconut oil, honey and almond flour. Work the mixture with your hands until all is well combined and a dough is formed
- pat the pecan mixture on to the bottom and sides of a silicon muffin pan
- bake for about 12 minutes or until crust starts to turn brown
- mix the coconut milk and honey in a sauce pan
- stir under medium heat until simmering
- lowed the heat as low as it goes and let it cook for about 2 hours, stirring once in a while
- you will notice the mixture getting thicker and after 2 hours it should be thick enough so that it does not run off the spoon easily
- once thick enough add the raw cacao powder and vanilla extract
- turn the heat to medium and cook for another 7 minutes stirring constantly and scrapping the sides of the pan
- let it cool completely before pouring it in the baked crust. It is a good idea to even chill it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- once mixture has cooled completely and has thicken even more, fill the baked crust and top it with fresh raspberries
- chill in the fridge and serve
Makes 9 raspberry chocolate tarts