Light, moist and fluffy healthy Paleo Marble Cake made with selective nutritional ingredients, free of grains and refined sugars.
Paleo Marble Cake (Gluten-free, Low-Carb)
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature (or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup unrefined coconut sugar
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ to ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, dairy/soy-free brand
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8.5 x 4.5-inch medium loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter (or coconut oil) and coconut sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at the time, beating after each addition, then mix in the coconut milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix in the almond flour mixture with the wet ingredients. Then gently fold in the macadamia nuts and reserve some to garnish the top of the cake.
- Remove about ½ cup of the batter and place it in a separate bowl. Add the cacao powder and mix to combine.
- Pour in half the vanilla batter in the prepared pan, evenly coating the bottom of the pan. Then pour in the chocolate batter, followed by the remaining vanilla batter.
- Using a knife swirl the chocolate and vanilla batter together. Then sprinkle the reserved macadamia nuts and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, approximately 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack completely before serving.
Nutrition per serving
I used this awesome 8 ½" x 4 ½" loaf pan to make the Paleo Marble Cake: