Lemon Brownies With Coconut Lemon Glaze • Paleo, low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
This recipe is now one of my all time favorites and it gives me great pleasure to know that I can share it with so many people.
Eating healthy is no longer boring or tasteless. There are so many ways to make delicious meals and treats with real, nutritious foods! I am determined to reach more people everyday and teach them how to substitute refined and processed ingredients with truly natural ones.
The consistency of these brownies is so perfect! The best words to describe them are moist, fluffy, soft, lemony, not too sweet and fully satisfying.
I think one of the main secrets to making these savory treats turn out so well, is by using high quality ingredients. With that being said, specifically the brand of almond flour that you use in baking, will affect the overall consistency of your brownies. I have listed all the ingredients I use to make this recipe below.
I have also put together this step-by-step instructional video so that you can see every step along the way. Hit play below and as always I would love it if you left me your comments and feedback below.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, full fat
- 2½ teaspoons coconut butter
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- in a large bowl mix together the almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda and salt
- in a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut butter and vanilla extract
- add dry ingredients into the wet and gently mix with a spoon or spatula to form a batter. Do not over mix.
- spread batter across the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure paper covers all four sides of the pan.
- bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 20-25 minutes
- set pan on a wire rack to cool
- in a bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the coconut lemon glaze, then spread glaze over the top of the cooled brownie
- cut into squares and serve
Recipe serves about 10 people. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.