Here is a fun Paleo friendly treat for Halloween that is super easy to make and kids will love. This recipe is based on my Chocolate Pecan Crunch Truffles.
It consists mostly of chopped pecans, coconut butter and chocolate. Each truffle is then dipped in coconut butter and rolled in unsweetened shredded coconut.
Below is a photo of the original recipe so you can see what the truffles look like on the inside. It is pure chocolate crunch goodness!
Paleo Ghost Truffles (Paleo, Vegan)
- 2/3 cup raw pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cacao paste, or 100% dark, unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup coconut butter, melted*
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch fine sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips, dairy/soy-free brand
- Melt the cacao paste slowly in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler).
- Mix in the chopped pecans, 4 tablespoons of melted coconut butter (reserve the remaining ¼ cup for dipping), honey, vanilla extract and salt, until all ingredients are well combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoonful of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Using your hands, shape each truffle into 1-inch balls. The batter will be slightly crumbly, so shape each truffle gently and set it on the pan.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the center of each truffle and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Dip chilled truffles, one at the time, in melted coconut butter, then roll in shredded coconut. Set truffles back on the parchment paper.
- Press three chocolate chips into each truffle to create a cute face.
- Keep refrigerated as the coconut butter melts at temperatures above 72°F.