Dark Chocolate Parfait • paleo, low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free
Guilt-free desserts make me feel so good! They taste good, are made with wholesome, nutrient-rich ingredients, don't give me stomach cramps or other sugar-loaded nauseating feelings and they make my brain and soul happy 🙂
This is a super easy and fast recipe you can make to impress guests or when you simply want a quick and light dessert.
Made with rich 80% dark chocolate, coconut cream, chopped hazelnuts and fresh strawberries. Together these ingredients create a deliciously creamy, chocolaty, light and crunchy dessert 😉
Paleo Dark Chocolate Parfait
- chill can of coconut in the fridge overnight
- chop chocolate into small pieces and melt it in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler)
- let chocolate cool
- open can of coconut milk and scoop the solid cream into a bowl, being careful not to mix with the water in the bottom of the can
- add maple syrup and vanilla and using a stand or hand electric mixer, whip the ingredients just until combined
- pour mixture into the bowl containing the chocolate and whip until the chocolate is fully and incorporated into the coconut cream mixture
- layer parfait or other serving glass with chocolate, chopped hazelnuts and strawberries. I layered mine with chocolate on the bottom, followed by hazelnuts and strawberries, followed by more chocolate, and then topped with hazelnuts and strawberries.