Here is a scrumptious combination of chocolate and coconut fudge topped with toasted coconut flakes.
These rich and moist coconut fudge bars are made of four different forms of deliciously healthy coconut: shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk and coconut butter. To add additional smoothness and flavor I added 1/3 cup of good healthy cacao butter.
The chocolate fudge layer is by itself to die for!
You won’t be disappointed when you make this!
Paleo Coconut Fudge
- 1/3 cup cacao butter
- 1/3 cup coconut cream, thick cream that forms on the top of a can of full fat coconut milk when left in the fridge overnight
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- pinch of salt
- toasted coconut flakes
- in a double boiler over simmering water, whisk together the coconut oil, cacao powder and honey
- once ingredients are combined, add the chocolate chips and stir until melted
- remove from the stove and using a rubber spatula mix in the vanilla extract, salt and almond flour
- pat mixture onto the bottom of a 7x5-inch dish lined with parchment paper
- melt the cacao butter in a double boiler over simmering water
- remove from heat and mix in the coconut cream, coconut oil, coconut butter, honey, vanilla, shredded coconut and salt. Tip: if your coconut oil or coconut butter are not melted, place jar in a bowl of hot water until it melts.
- spread mixture evenly on top of the chocolate fudge and refrigerate until set
- toast the coconut flakes in the oven and sprinkle on top of the fudge. Cut into squares and serve. Keep refrigerated.
Recipe make about 6 2-inch squares.