Here is a scrumptious combination of chocolate and coconut fudge topped with toasted coconut flakes.
These rich and moist coconut fudge bars are made of four different forms of deliciously healthy coconut: shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk and coconut butter. To add additional smoothness and flavor I added ⅓ cup of good healthy cacao butter.
The chocolate fudge layer is by itself to die for!
You won't be disappointed when you make this!
Coconut Fudge (Vegan, Paleo)
- In a double boiler over simmering water, whisk together the coconut oil, cacao powder and honey.
- Once ingredients are combined, add the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Remove from the stove and using a rubber spatula mix in the vanilla extract, salt and almond flour.
- Spread mixture on the bottom of a 7x5-inch dish lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Remove from heat and mix in the coconut cream, coconut oil, coconut butter, honey, vanilla, shredded coconut and salt. Tip: if your coconut oil or coconut butter are not melted, place jar in a bowl of hot water until it melts.
- Spread mixture evenly on top of the chocolate fudge and refrigerate until set.
- Toast the coconut flakes in the oven and sprinkle on top of the fudge. Cut into squares and serve. Keep refrigerated.