Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies • paleo, nut-free, grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, soy-free
These cookies require no flour and no oil or butter. They are super easy to make and taste so amazing! The flavor reminds me of a certain toasted coconut candy we used to have when growing up in Brazil. The chocolate chips give these cookies a special moist, sweet and chocolaty savory taste.
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and only takes a few ingredients. The main ingredient that adds consistency and moisture to these cookies in place of the flour and oil, is coconut butter. Coconut butter is simply unsweetened shredded coconut processed in a high speed blender or food processor until it becomes nice and creamy like peanut butter (not to be confused with coconut oil).
Making your own coconut butter will save you a lot of money and is easy to make at home. Please see the link below for a brand of coconut butter I highly recommend if you prefer to buy it from the store or online.
Paleo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- in a large bowl, whisk the egg
- add the melted coconut butter, coconut sugar, shredded coconut, salt, baking soda, lemons zest and vanilla extract to the bowl, and mix all ingredients together using a rubber spatula
- fold chocolate chips into the dough
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop about ½ tablespoon of dough onto the paper, spacing each cooking 2-inches apart ( I like using this cookie scoop)
- top each cookie with two or three chocolate chips before baking
- bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until the edges and bottom start to turn brown
- allow cookies to cool on a wire rack
Recipe yields 20 cookies.