No-Bake Macadamia Nut Pie (Paleo, Sugar Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Low Carb)
For this recipe I used this 8 inch removable bottom pan and I lined the bottom of the pan with parchment paper:
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 cup macadamia nut butter*
- 6 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup Greek plain yoghurt (or coconut cream from a can of chilled coconut milk)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange juice (or lemon juice)
- pinch salt
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Line the bottom of a round 8-inch removable bottom pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the pecans, coconut oil, honey, cacao powder, blanched almond flour and shredded coconut. Work the mixture with your hands until all is combined and a dough is formed.
- Pat the crust mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a blender or food processor, process the dates until smooth.
- Add the macadamia nut butter, yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla extract, orange juice, and salt, and process until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Sprinkle top with chopped macadamia nuts and freeze for about 4 hours before serving.
Recipe serves 10-12 people. Keep frozen.