How do you make the fudgiest, richest, softest, chewiest brownie without any flour, oil or butter?
The secret is with combining flaxseed meal with the ingredients you will see listed below in this recipe. Flaxseed meal is a rich source of fiber and high in omega-3 fatty acids . It is a great substitute for butter or oil in baking because it gives that perfect buttery texture and flavor.
Enjoy! EVERY BITE 😉
Flourless Fudgy Brownie Recipe (nut/dairy/gluten-free, paleo)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons raw honey, or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter, or other nut butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, dairy/soy-free brand
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the cacao powder, flaxseed meal, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the coconut milk, egg, vanilla, honey and sunflower seed butter.
- Gently mix wet and dry ingredients to form a batter.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter and pour it evenly across the bottom of a 9-inch square silicone pan. If you are using an aluminum or non-stick pan, you can line it with parchment paper or grease it with coconut oil.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Set pan over a wire rack to cool then cut into squares.