These flourless brownies contain no oil or butter. They are rich, chewy, fudgy, dark and everything you would want a brownie to be. This recipe is Gluten-free, Paleo, and dairy-free.
The secret to the chewy, fudge consistency is the making them with cashews and flaxseed meal!
Give these a try and let me know what you think in the comments below. Enjoy!
Cashew Brownies (NO flour, oil or butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, covering all four sides of the pan
- In a food processor or high speed blender, process the cashews and water until creamy, scraping the sides as needed. Make sure you end up with a very creamy paste and there are no chunks of cashews remaining.
- In a bowl whisk the egg, then whisk in the cacao, flaxseed meal, honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix in the cashew butter until everything is well combined. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
- Set pan on a wire rack to cool then cut into squares.