These paleo thumbprint cookies have a soft and chewy consistency and are filled with a creamy homemade dark chocolate. They are egg, dairy, gluten, grain and refined sugar free.
Chocolate Macadamia Thumbprint Cookies (egg, dairy, gluten, grain and refined sugar free)
- make the chocolate by melting the cacao butter and cacao paste in a double boiler over simmering water
- remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, honey and coconut cream until smooth
- preheat the oven at 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- using a food processor chop the macadamia nuts until coarse ground
- mix the chopped nuts with the almond flour, coconut oil, honey and salt, and refrigerate batter for 30 minutes
- shape each cookie into a 1-inch ball and press your thumb into the center creating an indentation, then fill with 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate
- bake cookies until the bottom and edges start to turn brown, approximately 8-10 minutes
- let cookies cool on baking sheet over a wire rack
Recipe makes 7-10 cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.