These paleo thumbprint cookies have a soft and chewy consistency and are filled with a creamy homemade dark chocolate. They are egg, dairy, gluten, grain and refined sugar free.
Chocolate Macadamia Thumbprint Cookies (Vegan, Paleo)
- Make the chocolate by melting the cacao butter and cacao paste in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, honey and coconut cream until smooth.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor chop the macadamia nuts until coarse ground.
- Mix the chopped nuts with the almond flour, coconut oil, honey and salt, and refrigerate batter for 30 minutes.
- Shape each cookie into a 1-inch ball and press your thumb into the center creating an indentation, then fill with 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate.
- Bake cookies until the bottom and edges start to turn brown, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet over a wire rack.