This isn’t the same as the original Rice Krispy Treats, but they are a great alternative! Made with a homemade refined sugar free marshmallow, raw almonds and macadamia nuts and immersed in a bowl of melted dark chocolate chips. Last week when I made S’mores I had some left over marshmallow that I need to use and I came up with this idea. Hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Nut Krispy Treats
- chop the almonds and macadamia nuts in a food processor
- melt the butter and marshmallow in a saucepan over medium heat and mix in chopped nuts
- line a 7x5-inch dish with parchment paper and pat the mixture evenly across the bottom of the pan
- refrigerate until firm, then cut into squares
- dip half of each square in melted chocolate and set it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- sprinkle with raw cacao nibs on top and refrigerate until chocolate is set