Chocolate Covered Nut Krispy Treats are a delicious and healthier alternative to classic rice krispy treats. Made with homemade marshmallows. (Gluten-free, Paleo)
This isn't the same as the original Rice Krispy Treats, but they are a great alternative!
Made with a homemade refined sugar free marshmallow, raw almonds and macadamia nuts and immersed in a bowl of melted dark chocolate chips.
Last week when I made S'mores I had some left over marshmallow that I need to use and I came up with this idea. Hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Nut Krispy Treats
- Chop the almonds and macadamia nuts in a food processor.
- Melt the butter and marshmallow in a saucepan over medium heat and mix in chopped nuts.
- Line a 7x5-inch dish with parchment paper and pat the mixture evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Refrigerate until firm, then cut into squares.
- Dip half of each square in melted chocolate and set it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with raw cacao nibs on top and refrigerate until chocolate is set.