These are a simple and delicious on-the-go healthy snack idea. Made with a delectable blend of raw almonds, macadamia nuts, pecans, cashews, crushed raw cacao beans and lightly coated with organic raw coconut palm sugar. These Cacao Nut Clusters are a sweet and crunchy treat with a wealth of nutrients and antioxidants that travel well and are perfect to keep in your purse or your desk drawer.
Cacao Nut Clusters
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons raw coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- add water and coconut palm sugar to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved
- add the nuts and cacao nibs to saucepan and stir to coat them with the sugar
- within a couple of minutes the water will evaporate and the sugar will caramelize on the nuts and nibs and turn brown in color. Be careful not to burn the mixture.
- remove from the stove and let it cool on a plate lined with parchment paper
Recipe makes 1 ¾ cups. Store clusters in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.