Make the best homemade Cocoa Candied Nuts without refined sugars in your stovetop. The caramelized cocoa nibs and nuts burst with flavor! (Vegan, Paleo)
These are a simple and delicious on-the-go healthy snack idea just like these Cinnamon Sugar Candied Cashews that everybody loves. Made with a delectable blend of raw almonds, macadamia nuts, pecans, cashews, crushed raw cacao beans and lightly coated with organic raw coconut palm sugar.
These Cacao Nut Clusters are a sweet and crunchy treat with a wealth of nutrients and antioxidants that travel well and are perfect to keep in your purse or your desk drawer.
Homemade Cocoa Candied Nuts
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons unrefined coconut sugar
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- Add water and coconut sugar to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the nuts and cacao nibs to saucepan and stir to coat them with the sugar.
- Within a couple of minutes the water will evaporate and the sugar will caramelize on the nuts and nibs and turn brown in color. Be careful not to burn the mixture.
- Remove from the stove and let it cool on a plate lined with parchment paper.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.