I received many requests to create a nut-free version of my Paleo Blueberry Muffin from people who are allergic to nuts. This new Blueberry Muffin recipe is made with coconut flour and is free of any nuts, dairy and gluten. The main ingredients for the muffins are coconut flour, coconut oil, coconut milk and eggs.
The consistency of these muffins is soft and moist. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking, but since I haven’t eaten much sugar for the past few years, I think 2 tablespoons of honey was just the right amount to make 6 muffins.
Here is a tip to baking with coconut flour: Do not pack the coconut flour into your measuring cup as you may end up with more than the recipe calls for. Smash any big clumps in the coconut flour first and then fluff the flour with your measuring tool. Fill your measuring cup or spoon and level it off with a knife.
I would love to hear your feedback on this recipe and if you think the ratio of the ingredients need some tweaking. Enjoy!
Blueberry Muffin (Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free, Low Carb)
- Mix together the coconut flour and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, coconut milk, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each to the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
- Set pan on a wire rack to cool. Wait until muffins are completely cool before serving. Store in the refrigerator.