Fresh blackberries and homemade sweetened coconut condensed milk are the main ingredients in this refreshing frozen treat. Make these a couple of hours before serving them as they will have a smoother, creamier consistency.
Blackberry & Coconut Condensed Milk Ice Cream (Low Carb, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- to make the coconut condensed milk bring the coconut milk and honey to a boil and lower heat to low. Let it simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. The milk will start to turn yellowish in color and have a thick consistency. Alternatively, you can use a pressure cooker. Add the coconut milk and honey and letting it cook for 10 minutes, a real time saver!
- once the coconut milk has thicken remove from heat and set aside to cool
- in the mean time, mash the berries, leaving a few larger chunks
- now mix the berries with the vanilla extract, citrus juice and the coconut condensed milk
- you can pour mixture into popsicle molds or any other container you want. I find it best to use silicone molds if you want to shape your frozen treat. For this recipe I used ½ cups pinch silicone molds I had purchased from amazon
Silicon molds used in this recipe. Recipe makes 3 of these: