Fresh blackberries and homemade sweetened coconut condensed milk are the main ingredients in this refreshing frozen treat. Make these a couple of hours before serving them as they will have a smoother, creamier consistency.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Blackberry Coconut Condensed Milk Ice Cream
- 1 can (400ml) full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, or maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon juice from any citrus fruit, I used orange
To see the brands I use, click each ingredient above or visit my Amazon shop.
- To make the coconut condensed milk bring the coconut milk and honey to a boil and lower heat to low. Let it simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. The milk will start to turn yellowish in color and have a thick consistency. Alternatively, you can use a pressure cooker. Add the coconut milk and honey and letting it cook for 10 minutes, a real time saver!
- Once the coconut milk has thicken remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In the mean time, mash the berries, leaving a few larger chunks.
- Mix the berries with the vanilla extract, citrus juice and the coconut condensed milk.
You can pour mixture into popsicle molds or any other container you want. I find it best to use silicone molds if you want to shape your frozen treat. For this recipe I used ½ cups pinch silicone molds I had purchased from amazon.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 312.1kcalProtein: 3.4gFat: 28.7gSaturated Fat: 25.2gSugar: 8.6gFiber: 2.5gCarbohydrates: 14.7gNet Carbs: 12.2g
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Made this recipe?Please leave a review and photo in the comments below.