This recipe turned out so much better than I anticipated when I started making it that I have to call it the BEST Chocolate Zucchini Bread ever! It is soft, moist and chocolaty on the inside and it literally melts in your mouth. This is one of the few recipe I have created and tried that I can not even tell that it was made without white flour and refined sugars. It is 100% gluten and grain free, made only with almond flour and sweetened with raw, unrefined honey. The recipe also contains 1 cup of finely shredded organic zucchini. I love when a healthy recipe gets even more nutritious by adding some veggies to it!
Here’s an important note about zucchinis: Take special care when purchasing zucchinis as most zucchinis available come from GMO seeds. Even if it is labeled organic or you bought it from your local farmer it could still have come from GMO seeds. Best thing to do is to ask the local farmer if they purchased non-genetically modified seeds.
I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as mine did. I would love to hear your feedback so please leave your comments below.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ¼ cup greek plain yogurt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- in a bowl, mix the almond flour with baking soda, cacao powder, ground cinnamon and salt
- in a separate bowl, beat the egg then mix in yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla, raw honey and apple cider vinegar. Make sure all is well combined.
- stir in grated zucchini, chopped pecans and chocolate chips
- using a rubber spatula, gently mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix batter.
- spoon the batter into an 8½ x 4½-inch medium loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 35 minutes
- cool completely on a wire rack before cutting
- store in an airtight container in the refrigerator