Creamy Passion Fruit Popsicles has a smooth and creamy texture even when frozen without an ice cream machine. Easy to make and delicious!
What to do when these heavenly passion fruits are in season here in the tropics? I think a refreshing, cold, smooth and creamy popsicle is a delicious way to enjoy them!
So for this recipe I combined the pulp of 8 passion fruits with full fat coconut milk, egg, arrowroot powder and sweetened it a little with raw coconut palm sugar.
If you have been following me you know that mixing arrowroot powder with eggs and coconut milk (or heavy cream) gives the ice cream a smooth and creamy texture even when frozen without an ice cream machine.
Creamy Passion Fruit Popsicles (dairy-free, low-carb, paleo)
- Reserve ¼ cup of passion fruit pulp and add the remaining pulp to a blender along with the coconut milk.
- Blend for a minute or so, and strain the milk into a medium saucepan using a fine mesh strainer.
- Whisk the arrowroot powder until dissolved, then mix in the coconut palm sugar, egg, reserved ¼ cup of passion fruit pulp and salt.
- Heat the mixture slowly, stirring constantly until it starts to bubble and thickens.
- Let it cool, fill your popsicle mold with the mixture, insert sticks and freeze.