These Chocolate-Strawberry Cookies have a crunchy and light texture, almost like a wafer cookie and they're filled with a delicious sugar-free homemade strawberry jam. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, Vegan and Paleo.
If you missed yesterday's post, you will definitely want to check it out so you can make these Chocolate-Strawberry Cookies.
These tempting chocolate cookies are filled with my Truly Sugar-free Strawberry Jam. The cookies themselves are very delicious.
They are made very thin so that they have a crunchy and light consistency, almost like a wafer cookie.
We all can agree that chocolate and strawberries together is an irresistible combination, so here is another great way to enjoy this amazing blend!
- Mix the almond flour and arrowroot in a bowl.
- Melt a ¼ cup of the chocolate chips in a double boiler and reserve the remaining ¼ cup.
- Once the chocolate is melted remove from the stove and stir in the coconut oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Gently mix in the flour mixture to form a dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the chilled dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper to ⅛ to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut cookies with a cookie cutter and place them on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 325°F for approximately 15 minutes or until the edges and bottom start to darken. Allow cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- Add 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam to the center of 9 cookies. Top with the remaining 9 cookies and press down to spread jam between the two cookies.
- Melt the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips and the cacao butter in a double boiler and gently spread the icing over the top of each cookie.