Paleo Chocolate Fudge • gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, refined sugar free
OMGoodness guys! This was a hard one to keep away from my husband.
First bite he took, he was like: ummm… ummm… pause… ummm… OMG! What is this? This is the best thing you’ve ever made… I think the best dessert I’ve ever had…
I thought WOW… really?
I guess he is right if you are like him and love a creamy chocolate fudge. He says what takes this fudge over the top is that it is very cold and has a hint of coffee. Imagine the creamiest coffee, chocolate ice cream fudge possible and you’ll begin to understand what he means. He liked it so much that he made a second batch all by himself to serve for dessert to our guests after dinner.
This fudge is rich and light at the same time. The smooth and creamy consistency comes from the cacao, coconut milk and cashews used in this recipe.
This fudge is best served frozen and also tastes great when served with fresh raspberries.
- 1¼ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup cacao paste or unsweetened dark chocolate*
- ¼ cup cacao butter*
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup raw coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons organic ground coffee
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- line a mini loaf pan (5¾ x 3 inch) with parchment paper, making sure the paper covers all four sides of the pan and leaving some excess paper over the edges of the pan
- in a food processor, pulse the cashews for a few minutes until creamy like peanut butter
- melt the cacao paste and cacao butter in a large bowl over simmering water (double boiler)
- in a medium saucepan, heat the coconut milk, coconut sugar, ground coffee and salt over medium heat just until it starts to bubble
- add the cashew butter, the coconut milk mixture and vanilla extract to the bowl containing the melted chocolate and stir to combine the ingredients together
- pour fudge mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Tap pan on the counter gently to remove any bubbles, then set the pan on a wire rack to cool. Cover pan and freeze overnight.
- remove fudge from pan by pulling on the sides of the excess paper
- dust top with raw cacao power and wait 5 minutes before serving