I want to start off by saying that these heavenly fudge bites are peanut-free, nut-free, soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free, grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
They are made in single, individual bite size squares and are perfect for a quick, small, healthy snack.
They are made with no peanuts, but have that peanut buttery flavor from the sunflower seed butter. This incredible peanut butter taste that we all love and miss, is then combined with bananas and dark chocolate to create a rich, smooth and fudgy consistency. Their texture and flavor is equal to any store bought processed fudge, yet they do not come with all the guilt. They are not overly sweet, but you can enhance the sweetness to your liking by adjusting the amount of sweetener added.
These frozen fudge treats are best served straight from the freezer so they retain their firm, creamy consistency with every bite.
Enjoy and please leave your comments below.
- 1½ ounces 100% unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup bananas
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (a.k.a sunbutter)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional)
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk, full fat
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- melt the chocolate slowly in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler)
- meanwhile, add the bananas, cacao powder, sunbutter, honey, coconut milk, vanilla and salt to a food processor and process until creamy and smooth
- when the chocolate is completely melted, remove from heat and add the banana mixture
- stir until everything is well combined
- fill your silicon brownie mold. Alternatively, you can line a pan with parchment paper and pour the fudge mixture evenly on the pan, then after frozen cut into squares.
- cover and freeze until set, approximately 3-4 hours
- drizzle top with melted dark chocolate
Recipe yields approximately 16 fudge bites. Keep frozen in an airtight container.