Here’s my sad story after I made these bars
When I was preparing to take the photos of it I dropped the whole plate on the ground!! I was so sad!!! I cut all the bars perfectly and arranged them all on the plate so nicely and as soon as I put the plate on the table to photograph it, it falls and makes a huge mess! I had no time to re-make this so I try to put them back together as best as I could to take this photo. I hope this photo is good enough and you can see how delicious these bars are.
The chocolate fudge is chocolaty, creamy and soft and goes perfectly with this sugar free strawberry jam I made. It’s almost like eating chocolate covered strawberries along with a sweet, nutty cookie….
These Chocolate Fudge Strawberry Cookie Bars are Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
- ⅓ cup raw pecans
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 tbs raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbs coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ cup almond butter
- pinch of salt
- using a food processor grind pecans into course meal and set aside in a medium bowl
- remove pit from dates and process into a creamy paste using a food processor
- mix the pecan meal with the almond flour, cacao powder, date paste, vanilla extract and coconut oil
- line a 7×5-inch baking dish with parchment paper and pat the mixture on the bottom until evenly distributed
- bring the almond milk to a light boil, remove from stove and stir in chocolate chips until chocolate is melted
- whisk in the raw cacao powder, coconut oil, vanilla, honey and salt
- finally mix in the almond butter until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix or the fudge will become oily.
- pour the chocolate fudge mixture over the cookie and refrigerate
- spread strawberry jam over the fudge
- refrigerate for a couple of hours, cut into squares and top with strawberries
Recipe serves approximately 6-10 people. Keep refrigerated.