Wholesome, soft and chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Granola Bars! The name makes me hungry, and this photo makes me want to eat one more right now as I write this post. These are quick and easy to make and are not loaded preservatives or a large list of ingredients that are hard to pronounce. They are made with dates, sprouted raw almonds and cashews, unsweetened coconut flakes, flaxseed meal and chocolate chips. This is a great snack to take with you to give you a boost of energy before or after a workout.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 10 large medjool dates
- ½ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- chop the cashews and almonds separately in a food processor and place them in a large bowl
- remove pit from dates and process them in the food processor until a creamy paste forms
- mix the date paste, chopped nuts, coconut flakes, vanilla, flaxseed meal, chocolate chips and salt with your hands until fully combined
- line the bottom and sides of an 8½” x 4½” medium loaf with parchment paper and press mixture evenly across the bottom of the pan
- refrigerate for an hour, then cut into bars
Recipe yields approximately 5 2×4-inch bars.