Say hello to my newest brownie recipe.
These brownies are flourless and even contain no oil or butter.
The secret to the chewy, fudge consistency: cashews and flaxseed meal!
They are also rich, dark and everything you would want a savory brownie to be.
Give these a try and let me know what you think in the comments below ↓
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 egg
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup 70% dark chocolate chips (optional)
- preheat the oven to 350°F
- line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, covering all four sides of the pan
- in a food processor or high speed blender, process the cashews and water until creamy, scraping the sides as needed. Make sure you end up with a very creamy paste and there are no chunks of cashews remaining.
- in a bowl whisk the egg, then add all ingredients listed, including the cashew butter and chocolate, and mix to combine. Batter will be thick.
- pour batter evenly onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes
- set pan on a wire rack to cool then cut into squares
- optional: melt about ¼ cup dark chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle over the top of each square. I do this by using a ziplock bag and cutting a small whole on one end.
⇒ Recipe serves 10+ people. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerated.