Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies have been my favorite thing to eat for the longest time. Growing up in Brazil I never tasted a chocolate chip cookie so good until I moved to the US. I just love a soft, chewy and chocolaty cookie and I will not lie that I crave this more than anything. Every time I walk past a bakery I have to hold myself from going in there and buying a cookie. That smell of fresh cookies being baked is just so irresistible and tempting....
I think you will agree with me and think this recipe will more than satisfy that craving and your kids will love them too. These cookies are grain free and Paleo, so enjoy them with your family as a treat when you get those cravings for a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoon butter, room temperature (use coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips,
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, arrowroot powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer then mix in the egg, honey and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix gently with rubber spatula until combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 15 minutes.
- Scoop out tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 350°F until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1 to 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.