After making this dessert, my friends quickly ate almost the entire thing before I got a chance to take photos of it. I was left with these four little squares to photograph and it was not easy to get a good picture. I was even hesitating to post this recipe because it was so hard to get a decent photo, but it tasted so good that I had to share this recipe on Living Healthy With Chocolate. I hope you enjoy as much as we all did!
*gluten free, grain free, dairy free, egg free, refine sugar free, Paleo*
Paleo Chocolate Bites
- Grind the pecans with a food processor until fine meal.
- Mix the pecan meal with the almond flour, vanilla extract, coconut oil and cacao powder.
- Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and evenly distribute the mixture in the pan.
- Bake the crust at 350°F for 5 minutes and let it cool on a wire rack.
- To make a dairy free version of condensed milk, place a can of full fat coconut milk in a sauce pan and mix in the raw honey.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally or until mixture is reduced to half, has a darker color and is thicker. If you have a pressure cooker, you can do this in just 10 minutes, a real time saver!
- Pour coconut condensed milk over the crust.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans, shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F. Let it cool completely on a wire rack and refrigerate.