Homemade nutella spread is a healthy alternative to the store bought version and I am sure you will love it. Easy to make and utterly yummy! (Vegan, Paleo)
Healthy Nutella, is it possible? Well, I think if you make your own using raw hazelnuts, unsweetened chocolate and sweeten it with raw honey or some other unrefined sweetener the answer is yes.
However, this is still a treat and not something I would be eating for breakfast everyday. With that said, this recipe is a great alternative to the store bought version and I am sure you will love it.
Here is another recipe I wrote for Nutella that you might like. Both this recipe and the other are gluten, soy and refined sugar free.
Homemade Nutella (Chocolate Hazelnut Spread)
- 1 cup hazelnut butter, recipe
- 3 ½ tablespoons unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 2 ½ tablespoons raw honey, or maple syrup (add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch fine himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons water , or milk of your choice - e.g. almond, hazelnut, coconut, raw milk
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Once chocolate is melted, remove from stove and stir in the hazelnut butter, cacao powder, honey, vanilla, salt, coconut oil and water or milk with a spoon.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.