Gluten free, grain free, sugar free, low carb, paleo cheese and oregano muffins.
Sometimes I just can not post recipes made with chocolate only when I love cheese so much also! Cheese and bread are high on my list of foods I miss eating. I do not crave it, but I do miss eating it sometimes. I came up with this recipe last night and this morning I had one of them for breakfast along with some scrambled eggs. What a good combination, it was sooooo good!These muffins are very moist on the inside and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Grain Free Cheesy Oregano Muffin
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano, use less if you do not want the oregano to dominate the flavor of the muffin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated, extra sharp and aged
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and prepare your pan by adding paper liners to each cup.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients - almond flour, baking soda, oregano, salt and pepper and parmesan cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with a whisk then whisk in the olive oil and coconut milk. Using a spatula mix it with the dry ingredients to form a batter.
- Fold the cheddar cheese into the batter gently with your spatula and fill your muffin cups to the top.
- Sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops turn golden brown.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.