I love this time of year, especially now that I can share with you the healthy alternatives to sugar- and chemical-laden junk foods and how it is possible to have delicious, healthy, and nourishing sweets. If you are not hosting a gathering at your place this holiday season, make sure to prepare and bring a healthy treat and side dish that you can enjoy without guilt. Going to a party prepared is the key to surviving all the unhealthy temptations that will present themselves. Who can resist a layer of creamy peppermint dark chocolate and another of creamy coconut butter, topped with fresh tart cranberries? This peppermint bark is the perfect healthy treat for this holiday season and I am sure everyone at the party will absolutely love this delicious and refreshing dessert.
Marry Christmas and warm hugs to each and every one of you who follow my blog and inspire me to create these recipes!
Paleo Peppermint Bark
- melt the chocolate chips in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler)
- mix in the peppermint extract and coconut milk to the melted chocolate until smooth. If your chocolate becomes thick, add some coconut oil, 1 tablespoon at the time until you achieve a desired consistency.
- line a 9-inch or 8-inch pan with a large piece of parchment paper covering the bottom and all four sides of the pan, and spread the chocolate across the bottom of the pan
- freeze or refrigerate until chocolate sets
- pour melted coconut butter evenly on top of chocolate and refrigerate for 5 minutes
- sprinkle with chopped cranberries and refrigerate until the coconut layer is firm
- break or cut into small pieces and serve
You can also make your own coconut butter by adding 2 cups of unsweetened dried shredded coconut to a food processor or high speed blender and processing until the coconut turns into a smooth creamy paste.
Recipe serves 10+ people. Keep refrigerated.