I don’t know why, but I have been meaning to post this recipe for ages now. I make these popsicles all the time and they are one of my favorite heathy treats to have ready in my house. I love them for breakfast lunch or dinner. Anytime of the day they are the perfect cold snack for me.
They are light, refreshing, not too sweet and super creamy. The fresh coconut meat not only adds nutrients to this recipe, it also deepens the coconut flavor and adds a great crunch the these popsicles.
Mature coconuts are easy to find in most grocery stores. Young coconuts have a very soft meat inside, so make sure to get mature coconut which has thick meat inside. Simply grab a hammer and break it in pieces. Then using a knife carefully pry it around the edges until the meat comes loose. In case you can’t find fresh coconut to buy, you can substitute it for unsweetened dried coconut flakes.
I am sure you all know this, but coconut is loaded with healthy essential medium-chain triglycerides, a type of saturated fat that is easily digested and metabolized by the body. Not only that, but coconut is loaded with antioxidants and has some amazing therapeutic properties to it. That’s why this is my favorite healthy Paleo snack 🙂 Enjoy!
- ½ cup mature fresh coconut meat, chopped (or unsweetened dried coconut flakes)
- 1 can (13.5oz) coconut milk, full fat
- 2 to 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon unflavored grass-fed gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- add the water to a large bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top
- gently bring the coconut milk to a boil over medium heat
- pour boiling milk into the bowl with the gelatin and whisk until the gelatin dissolves
- whisk in the honey, vanilla and salt
- distribute the chopped coconut meat into 8 popsicle molds, then fill each with the milk
- freeze overnight before removing popsicles from mold