For all you chocolate chip cookie lovers out there, this is a recipe you must try. These chocolate chip cookie sticks have a lightly crisp outer layer and are soft and chewy in the middle, just like the traditional cookies we loved so much. Cutting them into sticks is not only unique, it is also a super fun way to eat and serve them to guests.
The only thing I would suggest you change in this recipe is the amount of sweetener added . Taste the batter before you baking and if you like your cookies sweeter, adjust the amount added to your liking. Also, do not skip the freezing step below. Freezing the batter prior to baking will stop your cookies from spreading too much while in the oven, and it will also make it much easier to roll the dough into a thin layer on the pan so that you can cut it into strips.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks (gluten, grain, dairy free, paleo)
- Mix together the blanched almond flour, coconut palm sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, then mix in the coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Gently mix dry and wet ingredients together being careful not to over mix.
- Freeze dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll chilled dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper into a rectangle of about 12-inches long by 6-inches wide and approximately ¼ inch thickness.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips, and bake at 325°F for about 10-15 minutes or until the edges and top start to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately cut into 3x1-inch sticks.
- Set pan on a wire rack to cool.