Dark Chocolate Orange Bonbons made with coconut condensed milk, sweetened with raw organic honey and dipped in homemade dark chocolate.
These bonbons melt in your mouth and have a creamy consistency with a hit of orange flavor. Very easy to make and impossible to eat just one! But not to worry because these are a very healthy treat, low in carbs, dairy free and sugar free.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Dark Chocolate Orange Bonbons
- 1 can (400ml) full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons raw honey, or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 zest orange
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5 tablespoons cacao butter
- 3.5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoons raw honey, or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
To see the brands I use, click each ingredient above or visit my Amazon shop.
- Mix the coconut milk and the honey in a sauce pan.
- Bring milk to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. You will notice the mixture getting thicker and after 2 hours it should be thick enough so that it does not run off the spoon easily, and has a consistency similar to sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix in the cacao powder and vanilla extract and cook under medium-heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly so it does not burn. When the mixture starts to release off the bottom of the pan and has a very thick consistency remove from the stove.
- Add rind of 1 orange and let the mixture cool.
- Place it in the fridge for about 2 hours. It is important it is cool before you roll it.
- Remove from fridge, line your hands with butter and start rolling the truffles into balls.
- Place truffles back in the fridge and go onto making the chocolate shell.
- Melt the cacao butter over a double boiler until it reaches 122°F/50°C.
- Add the cacao powder, honey and vanilla and mix until all combined and the mixture reaches 122°F/50°C.
- Remove the truffles from the fridge and dip each truffle in the chocolate shell mixture.
- Place each truffle on a sheet lined with parchment paper and let them cool and harden at room temperature or in the fridge.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 90.5kcalProtein: 1.1gFat: 7.7gSaturated Fat: 6.2gSugar: 4.7gFiber: 0.8gCarbohydrates: 6.9gNet Carbs: 6.1g
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Made this recipe?Please leave a review and photo in the comments below.