Enjoy this wildly flavorful and healthy Black Pepper Shrimp dish. Marinated in a delicious olive oil based sauce, and cooked over garlic, sweet onions, and whole black peppercorns that pop as they cook.
This shrimp dinner is a weekly favorite dish in my home and it could be in your too. This recipe is Whole30, Paleo, Keto and Low-carb.
🎥 Watch the recipe video
Cracked Pepper Shrimp (Whole30, Paleo, Low-carb)
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Black Pepper Shrimp (Whole30, Paleo, Low-carb)
- 15 large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- fine himalayan salt, to taste
- ½ small red onion
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, for frying*
To see the brands I use, click each ingredient above or visit my Amazon shop.
- In a bowl, stir the fennel seeds, paprika, garlic salt, olive oil, balsamic vinegar. Mix in the shrimp, add salt and pepper to taste, and let the shrimp marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Dice the onion and garlic.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the black peppercorns and let them cook for 1 to 2 minutes. The pepper will pop in the hot oil, so cover your pan with the lid while they cook.
- Remove the lid from the pan and sautée the onion and garlic with the pepper until they caramelize, and are soft and brown. Then add the shrimp, and let them cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
*In place of coconut oil, use butter or your preferred cooking oil for frying the pepper and shrimp.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 25kcalProtein: 1gFat: 1gCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbs: 1g
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Made this recipe?Please leave a review and photo in the comments below.