Soft on the inside with a hit of orange, a creamy chocolate topping and a delicious hazelnut crust... These are a real treat!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Chocolate, Date and Orange Bars
To see the brands I use, click each ingredient above or visit my Amazon shop.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Roast the hazelnuts for about 10 minutes or until the skin begin to crack.
- Remove the skins from the hazelnuts.
- Grind the hazelnuts in a blender, or food processor.
- In a bowl combine the ground hazelnuts, butter, honey and almond flour.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pat the hazelnuts mixture on to the baking pan in an even layer.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until crust starts to turn brown. Set on a wire rack to cool.
- Combine the dates, butter and water in a sauce pan.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally until the butter has dissolved and the dates have broken down to form a pulp.
- Remove the pan from heat and beat in the grated rind of 1 orange and the 2 tbs of orange juice. Allow it to cool.
- In a separate bowl mix the almond flour with baking soda and 1 egg.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the date mixture, then spread the filling evenly over the hazelnut base.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Let it cool and go on to making the chocolate ganache.
- Melt the cacao butter over a double boiler until it reaches 122°F/50°C.
- Add the cacao powder, honey and vanilla and mix until all combined.
- Add 2 tbs of heavy cream and mix.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the baked bars.
- Allow it to cool in the fridge for about 2 hours, cut into bars and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 370.4kcalProtein: 6.8gFat: 28.8gSaturated Fat: 10.2gSugar: 20.5gFiber: 4.9gCarbohydrates: 28gNet Carbs: 23.1g
Made this recipe?Please leave a review and photo in the comments below.