These Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies are amazingly delicious, soft and chewy! Easy to make, they're gluten free, dairy free and paleo.
Amazingly delicious, soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. The zucchini give these cookies a great moist texture and a bump in the nutritional content without affecting the flavor.
These are still very chocolaty and you if grate and chop the zucchini very small no one will even know it is there. I was very impressed with the results and how the zucchini made these chocolate chip cookies very unique and delicious.
If you are like me you will find that only 3 tablespoons of raw coconut palm sugar is enough to sweeten 17 cookies, but some of you might like it sweeter, so taste the batter first and then adjust the amount added.
I got the inspiration to make these cookies from my Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Check out the recipe here.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut sugar, add more if you like it sweeter
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- pinch fine himalayan salt
- ¾ cup zucchini, finely grated and chopped
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
- Mix almond flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, cacao powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the zucchini, egg, coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix gently with rubber spatula to form a batter. Do not over mix or batter will become oily.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts and using a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 325°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 12 minutes.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack and allow cookies to cool.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.