Anything made with apples, caramel and cinnamon are the perfect fall dessert. That’s why I decided to come up with this recipe, but instead of making the traditional apple pies, cobblers or cakes, I decided to make an apple bread.
This Caramel Apple Pie Bread, is loaded with chunks of apples and crunchy walnuts, all wrapped in a delicious cinnamon-almond flour batter. Each slice is topped with buttery crumbs, coated with a divine homemade caramel and served warm. The texture is soft, moist and fluffy.
Your house will smell like warm apple pie when you bake this bread.
This Caramel Apple Pie Bread is a recipe you must make this holiday season and share with your guests.
It amazes me that people would choose to bake this kind of bread with refined, processed ingredients, while nutritious foods can be used instead without sacrificing taste or texture. You’ll find no wheat flours, grains, gluten or refined sugars in this recipe. This recipe is also dairy-free since so many people are sensitive to dairy.
Let’s all make this holiday season healthy and delicious!
If you like this recipe and would love to have over 100 more savory dessert recipes made with real, nutrient dense ingredients, be sure to check out my new cookbook that was just released.
Click on the cover below to learn more about it.
- 2 cups (228 grams) blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 91 grams apples, peeled, finely sliced (this is equivalent to almost 1 cup full or 1 small apple).*
- ⅓ cup coconut milk, full fat
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1¼ teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 6.4 x 3.8-inch loaf pan with coconut oil, and line it with a piece of parchment paper. Cut paper to fit lengthwise, leaving some excess on the edges. You can also make this bread on 8½ x 4½-inch medium loaf.
- Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whist together the coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, eggs, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix dry and wet ingredients together just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold into the batter the apple slices and chopped walnuts (reserve about 1 tablespoon of walnuts for the crumb topping).
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Mix all the crumb topping ingredients together with your hands, then sprinkle top of bread with the crumbs and reserved walnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cover bread with aluminum foil and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 more minutes. Total baking time should be approximately 50 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Carefully remove bread from pan while still warm, and drizzle caramel over the top before serving.
Recipe serves 8-10 people. Store in the refrigerator.
Make sure to slice apples into small pieces of about ⅛-inch thick.