This easy no bake Strawberries Coconut Cream Pie is topped with fresh strawberries and drizzled with dark chocolate, in a dark chocolate almond crust. This is a dessert of pure decadence! (Gluten-free, Paleo)
Inspired by my Coconut Cream Pie recipe, I decided to create a similar dessert but with a dark chocolate crust and a creamy strawberry coconut custard.
The crust is a delicious combination of chocolate, almonds and pecans, while the filling is a light, healthy blend of coconut milk, unsweetened shredded coconut and vanilla extract.
Strawberry Coconut Cream Pie
- Remove pit from dates and process in a food processor until a creamy paste forms.
- Mix the date paste with the chopped pecans, almond flour, cacao powder and vanilla extract.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom and sides of two 4.75-inch removable bottom tart pans.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk, egg, arrowroot powder, honey and salt.
- Heat the mixture slowly over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Let mixture cool for 5 minutes, mix in the vanilla extract and shredded coconut and pour over the crust.
- Refrigerate until set. Garnish with fresh strawberries and melted dark chocolate.