This Easy Primal Chocolate Cheesecake is creamy and crowned with a delicious chocolate topping. It'll be a super popular dessert!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Paleo Chocolate Cheesecake
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 zest lemon
To see the brands I use, click each ingredient above or visit my Amazon shop.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and grease an 8 inch removable bottom pan with coconut oil.
- Grind the pecans in a blender, or food processor.
- In a bowl combine the ground pecans, butter, honey and almond flour.
- Pat the pecan mixture onto the baking pan in an even layer.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until crust starts to turn brown.
- Beat the cream cheese with yogurt, eggs and coconut palm sugar until evenly mixed.
- Stir in lemon rind.
- Pour mixture on top of crust and bake for about 45 minutes or until the filling is pale gold and just set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the cacao butter over a double boiler until it reaches 122°F/50°C.
- Add the cacao powder, honey and vanilla and mix until all combined and the mixture reaches 122°F/50°C.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the baked cheesecake and leave it until set.
Serves 8-10. Keep refrigerated.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 279.3kcalCarbohydrates: 10.1gProtein: 5.6gFat: 25.6gSaturated Fat: 11.2gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 6.4gNet Carbs: 8.2g