This is one of those pies you want to make when you want to impress your guests with a dessert that is healthy, gluten and grain free and Paleo. It is also dairy free and egg free and super easy and fast to make. There is also no need to bake the crust, it is delicious as is. No one would even notice its made with healthy fats 😉 I got a huge wow from my neighbors and husband when I let them try it....
I decorated mine with cacao paste flakes, mint and strawberries
Chocolate Truffle Pie (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Paleo)
- Grind the pecans until coarse meal using a food processor or a blender and place it in a bowl.
- Remove pits from dates and process until creamy.
- Mix the dates with the ground pecans, cacao powder, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Line a 7×5 glass baking dish with parchment paper and spread the mixture until evenly distributed.
Chocolate Truffle Filling:
- In a saucepan mix the coconut milk and coconut oil and heat it until it starts to bubble, but not boil.
- Remove from the stove and mix in the dark chocolate, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Return to the stove and simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the crust and freeze for about 3 hours.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving. Keep frozen.